December Recipe~Amarone Raisin Pie
2- 9" deep dish pie shells~pre-made from local grocer or if you're a baker, prepare from scratch!~I choose pre-made :)
- 1 bottle of wine (Amarone, Port or any full bodied red wine)
-4 cups of raisins
-3 cups of water
-1 cup brown sugar
-1/4 cup granulated sugar
-5 tbsp. cornstarch
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp. salt
-2 tsp. lemon juice
-3 tbsp butter, 1 tsp. vanilla
1) Place raisins in a bowl and cover with the bottle of wine(save a small glass for the cook!)
Let sit for 1 hour.
2) Drain raisins but reserve 1 cup of wine (do not drink! :) )
3) Combine raisins, cup of wine, water in a stove top pot. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes; then simmer.
4) Blend brown sugar, granulated sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt; add to raisin mixture.
5) Cook and stir until the mixture turns to a thick syrup. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, butter and vanilla.
6) Fill pastry shell, lattice top with pastry and cook for 425F. for 30-35 minutes.
Enjoy with your Christmas Dinner!
« Go Back